IoT WiFi lamp
Maker meets Hacker: learn the skills to make and hack your own connected designer lamp
Sure, you know everything about soldering and coding, but can you also make something that looks good? Or maybe you can make awesome looking things, but do you also know how to hack it into a connected device?
If you’re one of these two people, or are motivated to learn both at the same time, we have the perfect workshop for you.
In a half day workshop we will introduce you to the proces of laser-cutting your own casing and assemble the parts. On top of this we will show you how to do the basic electronics needed to include a multicolour light in your lamp and how to code it to control it through a mobile app.How would this look like? We’ve made a movie for you to show you our demo-model: watch movie.
The best thing is, you can take it home with you and use it to continue developing (and look at all day, of course).
Just to be clear, this is what you will get:
- A 4 to 6 hour workshop with some drinks and snacks
- Electronic component like transistors, resistors, wiring and breadboard
- The Conrad C-Control IoT WIFI Board (based on ESP8266)
- Laser-cut MDF components (unfortunately time does not allow for you to create your own design, but you will be shown the whole laser-cutting process)
- Instructions on how to use the soldering stations to assemble the electronics
- Instructions and material on how to assemble the laser-cut components and put everything together.
- Instructions on how to use the free app Blynk to control your lamp remotely